Cinder-Livvy

Cinder-Livvy

Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Week of Thanks Day 2

I am so thankful for my job.  In these times where people are struggling to find any work at all, I work at a company that has been more than flexible with increased doctors appointments starting midway through my pregnancy with Olivia and then continuing with the weekly Card appointments post-Norwood.  While I was out on leave a lot of people were in touch with me just to see how things were going and how I was feeling.  That kind of understanding is hard to find these days anywhere.  Even more importantly is that while I was getting a lot of flexibility to deal with all sorts of appointments, my job afforded me the kind of mental escape that I needed post-diagnosis and later between the Norwood and the Glenn.  Of course I have my moments where leaving Olivia to head to the office is at the bottom of my priority list, but I think any working mother struggles with those emotions.  I know having my job is just another thing to be thankful for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment