Cinder-Livvy

Cinder-Livvy

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Without Reason and Without Cause

It's been over a week now since Olivia has had a fever and slowly but surely she is coming back around.  Her sleep was completely disrupted by the four day stay and getting her to break up with an afternoon nap has been tough.  As you may have guessed by this title - there was absolutely NO REASON found to identify the cause or source of her fever.  Every culture/blood test came back negative and while that was somewhat of a relief, it was aggravating as well.  Without a cause we have no way of ever preventing this sort of thing to rear its ugly head in the future.  

I'm not quite sure that Olivia enjoys being watched like a hawk but all her I's & O's (input/output) are being watched to make sure that her hydration doesn't fall by the wayside.  Vitals and temp are being taken in greater frequency by the Grandmas and we know they're on pins and needles trying to make sure that Miss Livvy is back on the right track.  Her eating has been less than stellar but I think its showing improvement gradually. Her poor tummy shrank while she was down and out and now it's taking its sweet time to get back  to norm.  We have found that Livvy really loves these cereal bars that I bought at Aldi's (seriously, if you haven't tried an Aldi by you, you should really check it out).  I love ours and they're owned by the same German company that owns Trader Joe's.  Delish and their produce can really be excellent.

Liv had labs drawn on Tuesday to check to make sure that her CBC, BNP and Tacro level are all within normal ranges.  Because I have yet to hear anything from the hospital staff, I take that as an encouraging sign.  Another digression - I really despise that our team defaults to "no call" if the labs are fine.  I mean human errors happen and people forget stuff, it always makes me nervous to think that something slips through the cracks.  Biopsy is tentatively set for the week of 7/8 and we'll see how her rejection levels are after all the tweaking of the meds while she struggled to fight off the fever.  

I will keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment