Cinder-Livvy

Cinder-Livvy

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Greetings from Room 235A

So Lisa took the day off today, and I was in the office for about 4 hours before I left at 10am to get home in order to leave for the hospital around noon. Or at least that is when we were going to get the phone call to show up. Well we got the phone call... "I'm sorry there are no rooms available at this time, we will call you back this evening to let you know but potentially it might be in the morning". Not a good way to start the whole process. Either way we let everybody know that the baby train was being delayed and the one response that summed up exactly how we felt was a text from Lisa's boss. "ugh..." I entertained myself by packing up the car and finishing my case study for school while Lisa took a siesta. Somehow when the hospital called at 6:15 we were still in a rush to get everything out the door but we had an 8pm deadline to make and we still needed dinner...

We had a good old fashion "pasta party" at Francesca's on 95th. Since it was going to be Lisa's last meal until she delivers we decided to load up on the carbs. After that everything went very smoothly (probably because I packed my lucky shirt). We got a fantastic parking spot with minimal walking to the hospital, checked in easily, and got settled. Lisa was a champ with all the blood drawing and question answering while I struggled how to figure out how to convert the couch into a lounger. Once Lisa was cozy and there wasn't much to do we got to relax and turn on the TV, at which point I saw that Syracuse lost and my NCAA bracket was ruined, but I digress.

Back to Lisa and Olivia. Not much to really update. Lisa's induction has officiallybegun. The approximation of 18-24 hours seems to be a popular choice for the hospital staff so we shall see if we will get to meet Olivia by tomorrow evening. Speaking of the hospital staff.... they are pretty awesome (at least the night shift) They have been nothing but extremely helpful and comforting. They even showed me the access to the wi-fi for the hospital. Thank you to everyone who has called, emailed, and texted us today. We appreciate every "good luck" that we got.

Stay tuned for the next update... Same bat time, same bat channel.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck (what's one more time, right? :) ) We will be thinking of and praying for your family and little Olivia!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the bracket, don't worry everyones is bad. Oh and good luck with that baby thing you guys are doing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck today. I will be praying for a short and easy labor for Lisa and an easy delivery for Olivia. I don't know much about NCAA, so you are on your own there. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete