Cinder-Livvy

Cinder-Livvy

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ahh Boring - I love it!a

Well today was much more boring than yesterday and I loved it!  Olivia's blood work has been much more stable since last night and they've reduced testing her to every few hours instead of every hour like they were yesterday.  We're playing the wait and pee game again too.  Lasix were started in the middle of the night and by the time I got there, she had already started ramping up the urine output.  So much so, that between my afternoon visit and one right before dinner, she had already visibly shrunk a bit.  The best bit of news is that meds to get her tummy going before a real feeding have been started. 

Other than that, she's still on the paralytic and knocked out so she's not interacting with me or anyone else at all.  While this makes for a one sided visit, her body needs rest so I don't mind.  I have noticed that I need rest too.  My body is really drained around 3 and today was no different.  It felt super luxurious to lay down and sleep - I mean really sleep for 2 hours in the middle of the day.  Hopefully I'll get myself on a schedule soon enough and some sleep will be included in that planning.  Brian made it through another day of work and class without any interuptions from us over here; so hopefully things will level out for him too. 

Here's to hoping for more boring days to come :)

1 comment:

  1. I just read your last post and I am so glad you had a boring day! You do need to rest...it is best for you and Olivia. You are all in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete