Cinder-Livvy

Cinder-Livvy

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Worst Night Ever

Well our wishes partially came true when Olivia took the little red wagon ride from the PSHU to the 2nd floor.  She slept through the entire momentous occasion and hung out all afternoon.  Later Brian swung by to see how she was doing and got to hold her to his heart's desire.  By around 8 things started to get dicey when the amount of her crying started to pick up.  It seemed that she only wanted to be held. 

Then during a diaper change I spotted a tiny spot of blood so I let the nurses know which subsequently led to a stop in all her feedings and a stomach xray.  Brian had Olivia all nice and cozy in bed when the xray tech came and woke her up and there was no hope after that.  Between her tummy growling and the fact that she was tired, it was just a disaster.  Brian left around 10 thinking he had her calmed down again and she essentially cried from the minute that he was in the elevator until around 630 this morning.

I think I almost lost my mind.  I'm aggravated with the nurses, the doctors and pretty much anyone in general including Miss Olivia.  I love her dearly and there's nothing I wouldn't do for her but she about maxxed out my patience in the last 12 or so hours.  I feel bad for Olivia too though as she's starving, had to get stuck twice for additional bloodwork and just keeps getting bounced around between assessments, etc - so much for even trying to get rest.  As I'm typing this, she has been woken up once more and is screaming her little head off again and I'd like to find a nice place to stick my head and hide.  I do however think that some good punishment for prisoners would be to pump a crying baby into their cells over a loudspeaker, it may really cut down on the crime rate!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry you are all going through the craziness of the hospital staff. I wish I could say it will get better, but until you leave...they will continually wake her up and put her through stuff...usually right when she falls asleep. I had to go home and leave my hubby the last time Hope was in the hospital or I would have said some things that you really can't take back. We finally got to the point where we refused to let them wake her up for vitals...I mean 4am...REALLY!!! I will keep you in my prayers for patience and Olivia is in my prayers for a speedy recovery and the joy of being at home!

    ReplyDelete