Cinder-Livvy

Cinder-Livvy

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Crying over Spilled Milk

Okay, it's not really spilled, but all our reserves of my breast milk are just about depleted.  In fact, Olivia will officially have her last bottle with any breast milk sometime this morning while I'm here at the office.  I am so sad about this new milestone.  I don't think I could have pumped any longer than I did with my work and travel schedule back in September and quitting did feel liberating.  But today, I'm really pretty sad that this is it, and that we're turning a page in her life.  It's so weird, I didn't think I'd have such an attachment, but I loved knowing that I was helping her grow and thrive and now I feel like that's over.  So today I'll be a teary over the spilled milk.  It was definitely consumed more than we ever spilled, it but you know what I mean.

2 comments:

  1. I know so much how you feel. I remember the day when Hope had her last bottle of breastmilk...it was sad. I am glad I was able to pump as long as I did...especially with all the stress, but there were days I was really kind of sad about it too.

    I hope you all have a happy, healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be proud Lisa! 9 months is a long time to be able to supply your child with milk!I'm sure you're sad to see it end but KUDOS for making it so far! :)

    ReplyDelete