Cinder-Livvy

Cinder-Livvy

Friday, April 13, 2012

Fontanning

What I thought would be a midsummer's night is really a Mid-May gig now.  Olivia is officially booked for the Fontan on May 21st.  I have all sorts of emotions about the whole process, what it means, what needs to happen and where she goes from here.

It's the moment that I've been waiting for since that 20 week diagnosis and yet now that it's here, I'd really like to go back to bed and pull the covers over my head for a minute.  Pre-Op registration and testing needs to be done May 17th and before that still, a meeting with the surgeon needs to happen (for peace of mind) and even before that I need to get Little Miss in for the 24 hour holter monitor next week.

This is the next step, no avoiding it, no hiding from it and no denying it.  It's here and we are going to face it the way we do everything else - Head On.

No comments:

Post a Comment