Cinder-Livvy

Cinder-Livvy

Monday, April 16, 2012

Big Girl Bed & Updates

There is now a toddler bed in Miss Olivia's room as of Saturday morning.  By toddler bed in this particular case I mean, one crib rail was removed, mattress was lowered and now the partial toddler rail is there instead.  But still, she has a pillow, a blankie, her plush dog from Easter and to our dismay the transition was an easy one.  She hasn't quite come to realize that she can actually break out of her room now but I'm sure that day will be here before I know it.

I'm still going back and forth about trying potty training before next month.  I just think it would be unfair to get her all set and then put her back in diapers while she's bed ridden for a bit.  I'm probably one of the only moms out there who's child is giving signs to go potty and trying to delay the actual training part.

Verbally, Liv's saying a lot of new words now.  Bye Bye, Nana (banana), Up, Off, Yep, WaWa (water) - the only problem with all these new strides she's making is that she doesn't love to share her progress with her speech therapist which is kind of amusing.  I haven't made the appointment with the ENT yet, her problems with swallowing water seemed to go away on their own mid-week but her sweet little voice is still only partially there.  At this rate by the time it comes back it'll be time to take her back in for the Fontan. Boo

This week I'm going to get the holter monitor test done.  Should be quite interesting to see if she pulls leads or removes the electrodes to throw off all the results.  Yippee!

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for Liv and sending much love and strenght for all of you when she has her next surgery.

    ReplyDelete