Cinder-Livvy

Cinder-Livvy

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Today's Gameplan

I'm currently at the office trying to get caught up on everything that I missed last week, but my PC is trying to update my massive email box and it's bogging down everything I'm working on, so I'll blog while it restarts.  Today Olivia needs to have an echo, EKG, chest x-ray and blood work looking at INR levels to see how her body is reacting to the first three Coumadin doses, draw the level of Amiodarone in her blood treating the PVCs, look at the electrolytes since we know that Sodium and Potassium have continued to be low with all the dieuretics and review the liver and pancreas function.  If everything looks good on all of the above, she will get her central line pulled and discharged today.

It seems like we have the meds on a better schedule now with doses given at 7am, 8am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, 8pm and 2am.  If she gets to drop the sodium choloride and lower the frequency of lasix throughout the day at least two of those med times will go away - I'm especially looking forward to getting rid of the 2am dose.

Another big focus for Liv in the upcoming weeks or two will be getting her sitting upright more frequently, tolerating being held and walking again on her own.  Right now she's really refusing to walk or sit upright much because we think the central line is causing her pain in one of her legs with it's placement and when she sits upright it forces her to cough and that pulls on the incision causing her additional pain.  We want good productive coughs because that's what is best for her lungs, but she sees it from a different perspective - PAIN is baddddd.  I don't blame her, but those little lungs need to stay nice and clear.  Lastly, she wants no snuggles or to be held again because this is causing her pain on her chest.  It's sad to not be able to hold her and comfort her off to sleep but at the same time it turned out to be a blessing because it has not been an a fight to keep her in her crib after making floor rounds in her sporty red Radio Flyer wagon.

I'll keep you posted as the day progresses


1 comment:

  1. Oh I so hope she is coming home today! Fingers and toes are crossed with lots of prayers too! Thanks for the update. I can remember how much pain Mikey was in, he always was saying that his back hurt really bad, it was so hard for him to take little walks, what seemed like forever he finally felt better, both tubes came out and out he came. His Mom slept right by his bedside for 12 days. I am glad to see that Olivia is coming home sooner. I so appreciate you keeping me posted on Olivia's recovery. These kids are so amazing and can teach us a thing or two. Keep us posted....

    ReplyDelete