Cinder-Livvy

Cinder-Livvy

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

30lbs of Inspiration

I know Liv, at some point I'm going to have to stop publicly disclosing your weight.  I'd be so mortified if you did it to me!

There are some days where your Mommy is so so burnt out by the stresses of being an adult and really it's not all that bad when I think of how others have it.  Nevertheless, I let things get to me that shouldn't and occasionally feel sorry for myself.  Then I get to see you and I really have to pinch myself back to reality.  You are doing so well these days.  You're still crying at a drop of a hat and holding grudges when I tell you "NO" to something like deliberately spilling your sippy cup everywhere because its fun.  But overall, you take a lickin' and keep on tickin'.

The other night you had your first major fall ever, right off a kitchen chair head first to the floor.  Kind of your fault because we kept telling you to sit on your bottom and re-seating you, but it was so easy to feel bad for you since you scared the life out of yourself.  Not to mention your parents, now that you're on Coumadin, we do need to be a little more careful and all I could think for that first hour or two was whether or not you had a concussion or some brain bleed.  But no, you went and chilled with your dada and you were completely back to normal bossing him around like usual.  Mad at Mommy because apparently you think it's my fault that you fell, but otherwise back to normal. Don't let anyone ever tell you that you aren't tough because you're pretty much the living breathing definition of the word.

Your new phase is "naked baby", you insist on wearing a diaper and shorts but no shirt.  You fussed at your Nonna a good while yesterday before you two went off to run errands, really wanting to go without a top.  Luckily she decided to be the bad guy and make sure you went fully clothed.  As soon as you got back though, the top had to go and that's how I found you when I saw you after work.  So happy to see me and happy to wave "bye bye" to Nonna - there's truly no better medicine for a bad day.  I am so happy to have you in my life each and every day pushing me to be better all the time.

Smooches!

No comments:

Post a Comment