Cinder-Livvy

Cinder-Livvy

Thursday, March 4, 2010

3 Weeks to Go!

Thankfully yesterday was another non-eventful visit to the doctors, albeit it was slowwwwww.  First I had the non-stress test and Olivia decided to take a snooze, so they kept me on the monitors even longer than usual.  Finally when they weren't getting the results they wanted, they decided to give her a buzz in utero and see if that would get her moving.  I don't think she was particularly happy about being woken up so she made her displeasure known of course at my discomfort.

That little 'tude continued when we went and did the bio-physical scan to check amniotic fluid levels.  Olivia just continued to bounce around and push back against the probe wherever it was just out of spite I suspect.  Fluid levels all look good and Olivia continues to look good. 

Next week is the last fetal echo and I'm going to see if maybe we can move the induction date up a day or two to make sure that they get all the pre-op tests done before the weekend so that we really can schedule surgery for 3/29.  Of course all of this would fall under the realm of the "Best Laid Plans", so I'm not putting too much stock into any of it at this point. 

All in all, no news is good news.

The nursery is still a work in progress and I don't have my bags packed for the hospital.  Brian hopes to get the flooring in this weekend while I have to at least get some things together for Olivia and I to be packed up.  Here's to a productive weekend!

2 comments:

  1. My daughter was the same way with her little attitude when I was pregnant. She would never do what they wanted her to. That feisty little attitude is what will help her stay strong!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say THANK YOU for this blog. I am 21 weeks pregnant and my son was just diagnosed with HLHS. I found your blog and reading it has made me feel not alone.

    Olivia sounds like quite a fighter already!!! :)

    ReplyDelete