Cinder-Livvy

Cinder-Livvy

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ouch!

Well Miss Olivia had a follow up appointment today at the Pediatrician and for the most part it was uneventful.  She is now in the 90th percentile for height, but still at 39th percentile for weight so she just has to keep on packing on the ounces.  The only rough part for Olivia was at the end of the visit where she received her first Hepatitis B vaccine which is the first in a series of 3.  Luckily I gave her a dose of Tylenol before the shot, but she still screamed the saddest scream ever as the shot was actually given.  I scooped her up and she was very easily consoled within a minute or two.  I was pretty impressed but I imagine given all that she's already been through the shot isn't too bad for her to deal with in terms of pain.

On a very happy note, she is smiling and starting to coo!  I had her in her little vibrating seat last night and was talking to her when she gave me a big gummy grin.  Brian came over to check it out and started to talk to her and Olivia gave her Daddy even more smiles.  This morning she laid on the couch looking up at the skylights and talked to herself for amusement.  She stayed like that for about an hour without needing any interaction from me whatsoever.  Given how much she's wiggling around we're not going to be able to leave her like that on the couch much longer.  I think in another week or two she's going to turn on her tummy all by herself.  We are definitely at the point with Olivia where each day is bringing something new for her in terms of development.  It's very exciting and rewarding for Brian and I to watch her grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment