Cinder-Livvy

Cinder-Livvy

Monday, November 21, 2011

Week of Thanks - Day Five

I am thankful for living in this country of ours.  The news is full of Americans angry at the government or other institutions, but they aren't repressed or thrown in jail or shushed out of the media's glaring eye.  They can protest freely and say or do (within reason) what they want.  Our children can go to the school of our choosing, faith in religion can be picked as freely as a new outfit at a store, and we have a military ready and willing to defend us if need be.  I'm over simplifying it here but I do believe we live in a great country and I am proud to be an American.

I am thankful to the military families that have been or will be separated over the holidays to keep us safe or worse to those that have made the ultimate sacrifice for the rest of us to keep our rights intact.  Thank you, your sacrifices are not lost on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment